Chief Financial Officer - US East Coast, Europe, Remote
Get to know us
At eyeo, we transform the internet into a trusted, sustainable and accessible place where users regain control over their experience, content creators and publishers are rewarded for their content, and advertisers and consumers can connect on mutually agreed terms.
eyeo’s market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for popular browsers. Our solutions empower users to control their online experience and privacy, while providing monetization for content creators, publishers and advertisers.
In combining our partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 300 million monthly active users worldwide.
eyeo is a global employer of over 300 people working remotely in more than 30 countries (predominantly North America and Europe) with our HQ in Berlin and small offices in Cologne, Toronto and NYC (planned in 2024).
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and take great pride in our company culture. We practice an independent, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional matrix teams that span predominantly EST and CET time zones. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have a large office in Berlin and soon in NYC that you can choose to work from. Quarterly, we come together as an executive team and once a year, we host an all company retreat, our Summer Week. By enabling remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that provides a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
eyeo is on an exciting growth trajectory and looking to raise institutional capital, and pursue M&A to accelerate growth. We are seeking an experienced and visionary Chief Financial Officer (CFO) based in Europe or the US east coast to join our executive leadership team reporting to the CEO and play a pivotal role in steering our financial strategy and operations during this transformative journey as we aim for new financial horizons and fast-paced growth. In particular, we are looking for a CFO who will develop eyeo’s existing finance function and processes to support our ambitions, and steer eyeo’s decision making with a financial lens at a management and board level.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Steer eyeo's decision making with a financial lens at a management / board level
- Professionalise eyeo's finance function as required to support our strategy, capital requirement, M&A and exit plans
- Manage all existing finance clusters and steer their strategic priorities. This includes: Accounting and FP&A, Tax, Corporate Finance and potentially other functions
- Manage various (10+) legal entities in Europe and North America, including governance and compliance
- Build and lead a high-performing finance team (c.20), providing mentorship and development opportunities
- Key areas of responsibility including but not limited to:
- Budgeting, forecasting and cost management
- External and internal reporting including on ESG
- Audit, compliance, covenants and risk management
- Business intelligence
- Investor relations
- Liquidity planning and management (treasury)
What you bring to the table
- 15+ years of experience in a financial role with a minimum of 3 years in the finance executive position (CFO / VP Finance) in a global 400+ FTE scale-up within the technology/venture-backed industry
- Experience scaling an organization and taking it through various capital events, such as an IPO, fundraising, and M&A with a US and global lens
- An accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CA) is mandatory
- MBA/CFA qualification is highly desirable
- Able to cultivate and sustain robust relationships with external parties
- Proficiency in conveying intricate financial data to non-financial stakeholders and guiding strategic financial decision making through exceptional communication and presentation skills
What we offer
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Competitive package (including bonus and equity)
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Full package of benefits (health insurance, paid vacation, professional development budget, etc)
- Monetization: https://eyeo.com/blog/acceptable-ads-evolution-feature-ecosystem
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo