UX Research Manager - Berlin / Cologne / Remote
Get to know us
At eyeo, we transform the internet into a trusted, sustainable and accessible place where users regain control over their experience, content creators and publishers are rewarded for their content, and advertisers and consumers can connect on mutually agreed terms.
eyeo’s market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for popular browsers. Our solutions empower users to control their online experience and privacy, while providing monetization for content creators, publishers and advertisers.
In combining our partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 300 million monthly active users worldwide.
eyeo is a global employer of over 300 people working remotely in more than 30 countries with offices in Cologne, Berlin, Toronto and Malmö.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone and many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that provides a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
As UX Research Manager you’ll be responsible for managing the UX team and coordinating the work done by researchers throughout the organization to ensure alignment with business goals and resource optimization. You will own the UX processes so the team can focus on conducting hands-on tasks, and you will be their advocate and mentor, ensuring they have the skills and tools necessary to do their work. You will operationalize the UX function to reduce inefficiencies and scale across projects via repeatable processes with reliable timelines, ready-to-apply methods, and templates. You are responsible for maintaining the research repository and tools, and making research insights more accessible so that everyone in the company can easily find, collaborate, and integrate the findings in their work.
Primary goal: Be a force multiplier by continuously enabling the development, optimization, and scaling of UX research practices, and managing the necessary processes and tools to enable evidence-based decision making throughout the organization.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Have a big picture overview of what UX work is being done, and how things connect, including coordinating new work requests across stakeholders, framing opportunities to effectively prioritize and ensure the best possible use of resources
- Collaborate with other departments, such as business development, product management and engineering, to ensure that UX activities are scoped to align with business and organizational goals
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues related to research projects, proactively addressing problems and finding solutions
- Manage the team of researchers and help them continuously develop their skills through mentoring, and by planning training, knowledge sharing, workshops, and team days
- Manage the processes and platforms for collecting, interpreting, and sharing insights by standardizing, centralizing and maintaining the research repository
- Establish metrics, guidelines and templates to improve efficiency, consistency and repeatability of research practices
- Track and report on UX projects and resource capacity
- Improve and maintain the UX toolkit by keeping up-to-date on the latest research tools, choosing and implementing new tools when necessary, and being responsible for the procurement process.
What you bring to the table…
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- 7+ years experience with user experience, doing user research
- Ability to understand data, analyze results, and draw insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders, including business development, product management, marketing
- Demonstrated collaborative, experimental, and holistic approach to problem solving
- Knowledge about a variety of UX tools, experience identifying new ones and managing an existing toolkit.
It's awesome if you know about…
- Experience managing external vendors of software systems, from assessment to integration and optimization
- Experience working in remote-first, multicultural organizations
- An understanding of the adtech space.
What we offer
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Sabbatical leave allowance after 2 years
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://eyeo.com/blog/acceptable-ads-evolution-feature-ecosystem
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo