- Adblock Plus Frontend Developer
- IT System Administrator
- Data Engineer
- Technical Support Analyst
- Filter List Supporter
- Whitelist Maintainer
- Student Help Acceptable Ads Monitoring
- Student Help Data Protection (m/w)
- Speculative Application
Phone: +49 221 64306336
Adblock Plus Frontend Developer
Who we are
We create software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
Our multi-cultural team wants to change the Internet for the better, and you can become an important part of it. We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. We trust our employees and believe in their ideas.
eyeo is headquartered in Cologne, Germany with satellite offices in Berlin and Malmö. However, much of our team works remotely — and so can you.
One hundred million people are looking for you. Yes! One hundred million people, every day, looking for YOU. If every one of them wrote ‘Thank you!’ on your profile page you would have a billion new characters instantly. It would look like a mess sure, but it would feel so good!
That’s basically what we offer, a chance to be a part of the ABP family. Work, develop, test, create, improve, laugh in different languages, curse in different languages – all the good things of being part of a team of capable developers.
- Writing code for ABP UI various platforms, handling aspects like: first run page, Options page, icon pop-up, issue reporter, etc.
- Working in different stages of a product life-cycle: research, specifications, developing, documentation, etc.
- Comfortable implementing dynamic UIs using web technologies
- Bouncing ideas within the team, making architectural changes
- Integration with ad blocking code and other backend systems
What we expect
- Experienced in Layout/HTML/CSS
- Desire to understand the inner workings of the ad blocking world and improve existing solutions
- Knowledge about cross-browser compatibility (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge)
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, via text chat (IRC) and video conference (BlueJeans)
- Knowledge of React.js and other libraries or frameworks may come in handy
- Extension development background is a plus