Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
Be part of a cross functional team who together owns and develops a piece of the core ad blocking functionality, enabling stakeholders both internally and externally and allowing millions of users on different platforms to take control over their browsing experience.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Collaborate closely with other developers, QAs and product-owners and become a valued member of a cross functional, distributed and agile team
- Work together with internal as well as external stakeholders
- Keep up with changes related to browser versions and the outside ad blocking community and translate these into the required changes for your team
What you bring to the table...
- 2+ years of JS web development experience
- Comfortable with using version control systems (git)
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- You care about the quality of both your code and the tests
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment and like to cooperate within your team as well as with other teams
- Desire to collaborate, learn cool things and improve
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Knowledge of browser internals
- Experience with browser extension development
- Experience with designing and maintaining SDKs and/or libraries
- Experience working on open source projects
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons