Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus (ABP), Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. You will join a cross-functional team distributed across 8 countries. We try to find a good balance between asynchronous and synchronous communication, and have adopted agile practices to increase awareness across all team members.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Keep up with changes related to Chromium versions, including adopting some of their software architecture improvements in our SDK
- Optimize memory usage and performance for our mobile partners, while striving for high ad-blocking quality
- Ensure the stability of our SDK across multiple platforms and partners via automated tests, code reviews and collaboration with your QA colleagues
- Ensure that partner requests are answered and implemented, and that partners are satisfied
What you bring to the table...
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Chromium browser internals
- Extensive experience in modern C++ (minimum C++11)
- Experience developing multithreaded applications
- Continuous Integration at least as a user (bonus for having set up CI pipelines)
- Knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiarity with agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Fluency in both verbal and written English
- Proactivity to solve problems with a positive attitude
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Experience in Java, ideally with JNI
- Experience developing and testing mobile applications, ideally Android native
- Experience in Python, which we use for automation purposes
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape
- Experience using and creating Docker containers
- Remote work experience
What we offer:
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons