Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Define and iterate the vision and strategy for our Ad Blocking Core team
- Facilitate alignment with the Core Technology Unit's strategy as well as overall company strategy.
- Facilitate communication and decision-making between different engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Uncover stakeholder needs and translate them into functional requirements.
- Understand and align efforts to address product risks.
- Design efforts towards delivering the best technical and developer experience to stakeholder teams.
- Identify, analyse, and quantify the value proposition for new opportunities.
- Articulate the cost-benefit analysis of proposed opportunities
- Work with stakeholder teams to understanding client base, future direction, and currently identified areas targeted for growth
- Prepare and manage the products' backlog, write and prioritise stories, and work with the team to groom them for implementation
- Work on alignment efforts to ensure product delivery.
- Define the data metrics or feedback required to validate the team's goals, and ensure those metrics are available to everyone in the company
- Attend all team meetings and be responsible for owning the team's planning, refinement and review meetings
What you bring to the table...
- Strong interest in technical product management.
- 6+ years experience working as a product or program manager.
- An ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with stakeholders effectively.
- Strong leadership and alignment skills.
- Experience working in agile teams.
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Some prior experience working in a technical or semi-technical capacity (Developer, Developer Advocate, Engineering Manager etc) in a software team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Working on SDKs, APIs or other developer focussed products.
- Experience working with team members distributed across multiple time-zones.
About the team...
The Ad Blocking Core Team is the team whose work is used in all of our ad filtering products. This teams works on the building blocks used by every other team at eyeo to deliver a best-in-class ad filtering experience. As product manager, you will shape the direction of the team, and as such, the direction of ad filtering for the future.
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons