Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 250 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
As a FP&A Controller, you'll work within our Finance Team and tell the story behind the numbers delivering actionable insights and improving overall performance.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Manage and improve our financial models (Personnel expenses and Opex)
- Provide friendly and meaningful support to your eyeo colleagues and external stakeholders regarding financial matters
- Deliver meaningful reports for internal and external stakeholders on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders in order to bring clarity into profitability and revenues
- Create visualizations that help non-finance stakeholders take data driven decisions
- Design and maintain the underlying data models
- Identify cost savings potentials
- Drive measures to optimize costs
- Manage together with the rest of the team our budget and forecast
What you bring to the table...
- At least 4-5 years working experience in a similar role
- Passion for connecting the dots
- Good communication skills and team player
- Understanding of basic financial data modeling
- A personality that thrives in an ever-changing environment
- Joy of working in an international and diverse work environment
- A business degree and / or multiple years of experience in finance
- Fluent in English
- You live in the CEST timezone (+/- 2 hrs)
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Previous experience with LucaNet
- Accounting understanding, accruals, financial statements preparation
- BI, SQL, some experience dealing with data
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons