Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Define and iterate the vision and strategy for the team
- Facilitate alignment with the Core Technology Unit's strategy and OKRs
- Listen to all relevant stakeholders and translate their needs into work items to be done by the team
- Ensure that the roadmaps for your teams are clearly defined and prioritized
- Prepare and manage the products' backlog, write and prioritize stories, and work with the team to prepare them for implementation
- Coordinate with user support to find opportunities to enhance our products and grow user satisfaction
- Monitor and measure launched features and feed learnings back into the product development process
- Ensure that decisions made regarding our products are transparent to everyone in the company
- “Rally the troops” by obtaining all necessary stakeholder buy-in to move a project forward to implementation
- Define the data metrics or feedback required to validate the team's goals, and ensure those metrics are available to everyone in the company
- Attend all team meetings and be responsible for owning the team's planning, refinement and review meetings.
What you bring to the table...
- A technical background, who has spent at least 3 years working in the role of a Product Manager, Product Owner or Developer Advocate.
- Experience working on developer focused products like SDKs, APIs, IDEs etc.
- An ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with stakeholders effectively
- Experience working in agile teams
- Experience working with team members distributed across multiple time-zones.
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Ad-blocking technology experience
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons