Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, while innovating privacy-first products like Crumbs that still offer monetization options. We build, monetize and distribute solutions that give users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Analyze the needs of all stakeholders of the Acceptable Ads ecosystem in order to find the balance between them
- Collaborate with your team to define relevant research questions and methods around Acceptable Ads
- Collaborate with the Data Scientist on your team to define required data points for the planned research
- Conduct or supervise the research commissioned by the Acceptable Ads Committee
- Research and analyze Acceptable Ads user behavior, preferences and opinions related to Acceptable Ads and Acceptable Ads Criteria
- Establish relationships with third-party research companies and researchers from universities and evaluate their methodologies in the context of potential cooperation
- Define requirements for and audit the quality of third-party suppliers during research projects
- Continuously research and evaluate existing third-party methodologies related to different ad standards (e.g. CBA, LEAN, etc.)
- Represent eyeo in conversations related to research and methodologies around digital advertising standards
What you bring to the table...
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in a scientific environment designing surveys, evaluating survey data and conducting user research
- Relevant academic education (Psychology, Social Science, Behavioral Economics, etc.)
- Familiar with survey participant recruitment, survey design tools, cross-team work, data analysis, experiment design, etc.
- Programming skills in R or Python and SQL
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Experience with advanced survey data analysis like logistic regressions, clustering, factor analysis, natural language processing, ect.
- Project management experience
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons