Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, AdBlock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
You will join the Advocacy & Industry Relations team at eyeo. Our core work is dedicated to building out meaningful relationships with industry stakeholders and leadership and advocating on eyeo’s behalf. You will primarily contribute to facilitating the Acceptable Ads Committee (AAC), the independent authority that governs the Acceptable Ads Standard. You will have a front seat to help guide an organization that shapes the user experience on 225 million devices. In addition, you will be able to build relationships with industry leadership, NGOs and others.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Develop a deep understanding of the online advertising industry and its trade associations
- Conduct market research to identify potential companies, organizations and individuals to join the AAC
- Create a recruiting strategy to identify suitable candidates from nonprofit organizations, over brands, to other industry stakeholders to participate within the AAC
- (re)design some of our marketing materials
- Coordinate with various internal stakeholders to gather relevant information and data to support the AAC in their operational work
- Organize meetings, calls and ensure diligent documentation
- Assist in firefighting issues that come up, such as regulatory changes, attitude changes in the industry or resolving complex issues surrounding studies.
- Proactively develop our internal spaces with relevant information
- Assist in preparing scrum activities (reviews, sprint plannings and retrospectives)
What you bring to the table...
- Great organizational skills
- Passion for corporate governance, public affairs, big tech, lobbying, politics and at a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in a related field
- An affection for (e.g. regulatory) issues that impact user experience and rights such as GDPR and/or CCPA
- Highly proactive and a self-starter
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Experience at industry trade associations, boards, think tanks, government bodies would be fantastic.
- Previous ad-tech industry knowledge, experience and/or network would be great.
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under six
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons