Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Determine overarching strategy / framework for conducting research
- Conduct market research, usability studies, quantitative surveys, or any other type of research needed
- Analyze needs and determine relevant research topics and methodologies for each project
- Write research plans that capture the reasons, objectives, user segments and tasks for testing
- Conduct qualitative testing as needed, including moderated and unmoderated user testing, interviews, surveys, etc.
- Conduct quantitative studies and works with the Data team on analysis when appropriate
- Find and analyze relevant third-party research from professional institutions to help the team understand the space our work exists within
- Perform analysis and develop reports that summarize user insights, main highlights and recommendations for next steps, and presents that feedback to appropriate stakeholders
What you bring to the table...
- At least 5 years work experience
- Previous experience as a researcher at another product company or creative agency
- Experience conducting research for both websites and software products
- Experience leading research projects
- Excellent writing / presentation skills
- Expert in different types of research and methodologies
- Expert with various research tools and/or platforms
- Capable of mentoring others
It's awesome, but not required, if you know have...
- 7+ years experience
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree related to research
- Experience developing personas and using them effectively to inform the product design process
- Experience with B2B user research
- Experience with B2C user research
- Interest in tech
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons