Office Assistant (Part-Time, 20h/week)
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for taking care of the Cologne office and support other locations, for example Berlin. Our team contains 3 specialists that take part in many exciting facility management projects. We always have an open ear for any employee concerns and look forward to providing the best workplace experience possible.
This is an on-site job with no home office option.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Being a first point of contact for our employees, visitors, service providers and ensure an atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable
- Managing incoming and outgoing letters and parcels
- Working at the reception, ordering materials and supporting the on-site office manager
- Together with our Workplace Experience team being responsible for occupational safety and health
- Participating in team’s project work (facility, workplace management)
What you bring to the table…
- You enjoy organising and coordinating job
- Having a strong people service orientation and hands-on mentality
- You know how to prioritise tasks and have an eye for details
- You have at least advanced knowledge of German and English
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
It's awesome if you know about…
- Experience in office management and/or reception would be great but is not necessary
What we offer
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day (full-time cooperation)
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://adblockplus.org/blog/acceptable-ads-explained-monetization
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo