Senior Data Scientist, Ads Innovation - Berlin / Cologne / Remote
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
You’ll be working in a start-up environment for a privacy-centric advertising product that disrupts the advertising industry and inspires a shift towards solutions that respect end users’ choices. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will lead various product experiments by designing and implementing privacy-preserving algorithms, develop models of user behavior, perform audience segmentation and event measurement, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive Data Science initiatives forward.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Leading the data science efforts for a bold and innovative project in the field of privacy-preserving advertisement, that aims to be integrated into hundreds of millions of devices. This involves project ideation and conceptualization, solution design, measurement and solution iteration, coaching, deployment and post deployment management
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team, closely working with product, engineering, and other teams to incorporate Data Science capabilities into eyeo’s products and services
- Defining problem statements and gathering business and product requirements that align with the product vision, goals and KPIs
- Designing algorithms, protocols, and architectures that will enable specific advertising use-cases (identification, gathering, and processing) with minimal impact on users' privacy
- Applying privacy-by-design principles in the product development process
- Analyzing data, designing and building proof of concept models, shipping ML models to production and evaluating them
What you bring to the table…
- Ability to self-manage, own complex topics, and drive initiatives
- Experience in designing and developing algorithms for data extraction, sharing, and processing whilst also considering the privacy aspects of the processes
- You’re experienced with Data Science and Machine Learning (aka A.I.), including Classification, Active Learning and NLP
- You have strong implementation experience with at least one programming language (we’re using Python & SQL, experience in R etc. is acceptable)
- Good understanding of how the web works
- Ability to present and pitch results to a variety of stakeholders
- Agile mindset
- Great teamwork, communication and coordination skills
- You are proactive and have a hands-on approach
It's awesome if you know about…
- Experience in ad-tech (good understanding of how current advertising & measurement protocols work)
- Experience working remotely or in distributed teams
- Containerization (Docker, Containerd)
- Distributed learning, federated learning
- Experience in Encryption
- Knowledge of innovation and Lean Startup methodology
What we offer
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://adblockplus.org/blog/acceptable-ads-explained-monetization
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo