Junior IT Helpdesk Support - Cologne
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
As an IT Helpdesk Supporter, you will be responsible for providing technical support across the company. This role is absolutely essential within any organization to ensure business continuity. Your colleagues rely on your technical support to troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion whether it be remotely or in-person assistance. We have a very diverse team with different nationalities and the spoken language is English. The team consists of eight people and is growing.
As the IT industry changes so rapidly, it is expected to keep yourself continuously up-to-date. eyeo expects you to be knowledgeable about all the latest developments, which may involve courses or self-learning through manuals and information supplied by IT or software companies.
Hours and environment
You’ll find most IT Helpdesk Supporters work between 9 AM to 6 PM CET, Monday to Friday. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 kg. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Install and manage company devices such as laptops, mobile devices, etc.
- Diagnose problems
- Manage user access of company tools
- Administer Google Admin portal
- Manage in-house electronic locks and keys
- Assist with login issues
- Support with video conferences
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues on various devices (such as PCs, Macs and mobile devices)
- Install, support and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security
- Support networking and video conference issues
- Provide A/V tech support at live events hosted by eyeo
- Provide excellent service as the focal technical operations point for the eyeo office employees and managers
- Research issues online to provide swift solutions
- Work closely with all the teams in fixing issues and initiating improvements
What you bring to the table…
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Able to research and solve problems on their own
- Prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and coordinate your workflow
- Positive and enthusiastic, always eager to help solve issues
It's awesome if you know about…
- Experience working in an IT support position
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, Linux, Mac-related issues
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all those contacted during the course of work
- Working experience with online video conferencing solutions
What we offer
- Despite this job having the requirement to be in the office, you’ll still have the possibility to work from home when needed; the IT Administration team will always find a solution
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://adblockplus.org/blog/acceptable-ads-explained-monetization
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo