DevOps Evangelist - Berlin / Cologne / Remote
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
In our team you will use creative problem-solving skills to tackle complex challenges. Your keen attention to detail will enable you to implement cutting-edge solutions. Your expertise in automation, scripting, and DevOps tools will allow you to build, deploy, and maintain distributed architectures.
Similarly to us, you also possess a contagious enthusiasm for innovation, automation, and scalability, and are passionate about helping your colleagues grow and succeed.
As a DevOps Evangelist you bring the ability to drive change and facilitate the transition to a modern application development life cycle, and you will play a key role in driving innovation and contributing to our success.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to…
- Maintain, extend and evolve our DevOps platforms to support stakeholders needs
- Identify obstacles and work to innovative solutions to overcome them
- Automate provisioning and similar processes related to a variety of technical team work
- Mentor and empower junior engineers and help them flourish
- Work towards providing “self-serve” production capabilities for developers.
- Continuously improve code, processes and service quality through reviews, pair programming, backlog triage etc
- Monitor production infrastructure and mitigate incidents
What you bring to the table…
- Solid interpersonal skills and a desire to improve the developer experience
- Solid experience with cloud computing and the willingness to become a GCP evangelist
- Strong communication skills in expressing your ideas to your peers and other stakeholders
- Experience in setting up and optimizing complex CI/CD pipelines
- Extensive experience with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool stack preferable Terraform or Ansible
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Very good English, especially in writing
- Experience in remote-first work environments
- Within CET±1 hours or willing to relocate into CET±1 hours
It's awesome if you know about…
- Experience in a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Code maintenance and instrumentation
- Comfortable with major technical responsibility
- Performance and optimization skills
What we offer
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://eyeo.com/blog/acceptable-ads-evolution-feature-ecosystem
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo