Senior Product Manager - Extension Engine - Berlin / Cologne / EU Remote
Get to know us
At eyeo, we transform the internet into a trusted, safe and accessible place where users regain control over their experience, content creators and publishers are rewarded for their content, and advertisers and consumers can connect on mutually agreed terms.
eyeo’s market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for popular browsers. Our solutions empower users to control their online experience and privacy, while providing monetization for content creators, publishers and advertisers.
In combining our partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users worldwide.
eyeo is a global employer of over 300 people working remotely in more than 30 countries with offices in Cologne, Berlin, Toronto and Malmö.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that provides a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Build, maintain and communicate product vision and strategy, in line with the company and unit's strategies
- Ensure that the roadmap for your team is clearly defined, prioritized and communicated
- Define, refine and prioritize requirements for the team in order to ensure the team can regularly ship the expected updates while adequately balancing between Chromium updates, feature updates, internal and partner support requests
- Surface insights that create value for Distribution partners and internal teams at eyeo
- Establish and improve a continuous product discovery process
- Monitor and measure launched features and feed learnings back into the product development process
- Ensure that decisions made regarding our products are transparent to everyone in the company
- “Rally the troops” by obtaining all necessary stakeholder buy-in to move a project forward to implementation
- Define the data metrics or feedback required to validate a product’s goals, and ensure those metrics are available to everyone in the company
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering Lead to ensure your team and product is set up for success.
What you bring to the table…
- Minimum 5 years of Product Management Experience in a B2B environment
- Proven software engineering background from professional experience, open source projects, and/or education (Bachelor degree in Computer Science)
- Strong force of alignment - you are a master of cross-team collaboration and a “glue” both within your team and across the other product teams, and your influence far exceeds your direct areas of responsibility
- Experience working with external partners
- Strong experience working with fully remote teams across multiple time zones
- Understanding of how the web technically works
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive problem solver with an excellent team attitude
- Experience running continuous discovery
- Strong agile work process background
It's awesome if you know about…
- Experience with web extensions or browser technologies in general
- A strong technical background
- Experience working with teams larger than a small startup
- An understanding of the ad tech landscape
- Other languages: German, Spanish (not at all required, but would be amazing)
What we offer
- Work remotely from anywhere in Europe or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Sabbatical leave allowance after 2 years
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://eyeo.com/blog/acceptable-ads-evolution-feature-ecosystem
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo