- While using the eyeo.com website (by default):
- IP address (stored separately)
- Date and time of access
- Browser name/version
- URL of previously visited webpage
- Amount of data sent
- Language preferences
- on eyeo.com/2018-ad-blocking-report only: aggregated analytics data
- When applying for a job:
- Email address
- CV and all other data voluntarily uploaded / shared by you
- When subscribing to a newsletter (voluntarily):
- Email address
- On eyeo.com/2018-ad-blocking-report
- Contact Data
- On our social media pages
- Usage profiles
- Log files
- Data provided by user in a form
- Newsletter sign up form
- Data you provide to us with via social media
- In connection with our social media pages: Cookies
- For technical purposes, such as, but not limited to, preventing security attacks
- Evaluating your application for recruitment purposes
- If requested by you, to inform you about or contact you in connection with our products and/or sending you reports or other information
- In connection with our social media pages, social networks use the data for market research and advertising purposes
- Website logs for 30 days.
- Application data for six (6) months after rejection of a candidate.
- Email addresses for newsletter services for no more than two (2) months after unsubscription.
- Contact data in connection with eyeo.com/2018-ad-blocking-report until you have withdrawn your consent or if no longer necessary, whichever period is shorter
We process your personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), the applicable EU laws and German national data protection laws.
We collect as little data as possible. As far as anonymous or pseudonymous use is possible we anonymize or pseudonymize your data.
- Receive and access information about the personal data stored by us about you.
- Rectify inaccurate personal data and restrictive details.
- Receive all your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as having such data transmitted to another controller.
- Request erasure of your data, unless such data needs to be retained for legal purposes.
- Object to the processing of your data.
- Withdraw your consent at any time, when you have provided us with your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- Lodge a complaint with the respective supervisory authority.
The legal person responsible for the collection, processing and/or use of personal data in connection with eyeo.com (“Controller”) is:
If you have any queries relating your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer:
Dr. Judith Nink
Phone: +49 (0) 221 / 65028 598
Fax: +49 (0) 221 / 65028 599
The purpose of data protection is to protect personal data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This information includes, for example, details such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number but also nicknames, certificates and information about your interests.
While using eyeo.com website, we are automatically recording website logs and thereby collecting the following data for technical and for security reasons:
- IP address (stored separately)
- Date and time of access
- Browser name/version 
- URL of previously visited webpage 
- Amount of data sent
This data is stored purely for technical reasons and cannot be linked to any individual person. We do not combine website log data with any other information about you.
 For more information, please refer to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-5.5.3.
 For more information, please refer to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-5.5.2.
Analytics data at eyeo.com/2018-ad-blocking-report
We use Google Analytics on our website, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies” (text files which are stored on your computer and which enable you to analyze your use of our website). The information generated by the cookie on your use of our website (including your abbreviated IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the United States and are stored there. Google will use this information to assess your use of our Website, to compile reports on the activities for us and to provide more services connected with use of our website and the internet. It is also possible that Google may transmit this information to third parties if this is required by law, or if third parties process this information on behalf of Google.
You can deactivate Google Analytics by means of a browser add-on if you do not want to participate in Website analysis. You can download this here:
If you are applying online for a job at eyeo you need to fulfil our online application form. In order to evaluate your application properly we need at least your name, email address and a CV. On a voluntary basis you may further add a telephone number, a cover letter, additional documents, such as, but not limited to certificates, a website and additional information about you.
We collect and process those data for the sole purpose of managing eyeo’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes. Consequently, eyeo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
We provide you with a newsletter service free of charge. We use the newsletter to inform you about new products, updates on our products and to send you general information about eyeo. We need your email address in order to send you the newsletter. You can enter your email address at eyeo.com. We will store and use your email address solely to send you the newsletter.
Each newsletter contains information on how to unsubscribe (‘right to withdraw your consent’) from your subscription at any time with immediate effect.
You can download our ad-blocking report for free by submitting the following information: name, email address and organization and allowing us to contact you regarding our products and services. We will never pass on your information to a third party for any purpose.
In order to be able to communicate with our customers and interested parties, and to inform them about our activities and offers on social networks, we are active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. In terms of Facebook, both Facebook and eyeo are jointly responsible for the processing of your personal data (“joint controller”, GDPR Art. 26), even if it is stored exclusively by the respective social network. Therefore, we still inform you about the data processing processes in connection with our presence on the respective social network as follows.
If you follow our respective online presence on one or more of the social networks used by us, please note that your data may be processed outside the European Union / the European Economic Area. However, all the networks we use have agreed to comply with EU data protection standards within the framework of the EU-US Privacy Shields.
The social networks we use also process your data regularly for market research and advertising purposes. Based on your usage behavior and interests, the networks may create usage profiles which are used, for example, to place advertisements corresponding to your potential interests within and outside the networks. For these purposes, cookies, which store your usage behavior and interests, as well as possibly also the devices you use, are regularly stored on your computer.
For a detailed overview of the respective processing operations and opt-out options, please visit the website of each social network, listed below. For the assertion of your rights and requests for information, we also refer you to the respective social networks, where you can exercise your rights most effectively. This is because the social networks have access to your data and can therefore directly take appropriate measures and provide you with the respective information:
Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov
We process personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the applicable German national data protection laws:
Processing is necessary for taking steps prior to enter into a contract (Art. 6 (1) b GDPR)
All data you provide us with in connection with your application (more information about the purposes you will find here>) is necessary for the sole purpose of hiring new employees and therefore evaluating and selecting applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment (meaning taking steps prior to enter into an employment contract). If you don’t send us your application data your application cannot be taken into account.
Collection and processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject – Art. 6 (1) c GDPR
Collection and processing of your personal data may be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject under EU laws or the laws of a EU Member State.
Processing is necessary for the purposes of eyeo’s legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR)
The collection and processing may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
- We collect and process website logs for technical reasons, such as, but not limited to, preventing denial of service attacks. Denial of service is typically accomplished by flooding the targeted machine or resource with superfluous requests in an attempt to overload systems and prevent some or all legitimate requests from being fulfilled. Preventing such overloads of our systems and any security issues by denial of service attacks is in your and our vital interest and therefore we use the website logs.
We use website log data (with anonymized IP addresses) for analyzing purposes to help us improve our website.
- The processing of your personal data in connection with our presence in social networks is also based on our legitimate interests in effective information and communication with you.
Processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 (1) a, Art. 7 GDPR)
- When subscribing for our newsletter (more information on purposes), you provide us with your consent, which legitimizes the use of your email address in accordance and to the extent of your consent.
- If you have given your consent to the respective social network in terms of data processing as described above, the legal basis for the processing is your consent (GDPR Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, Art. 7).
We will not transfer your personal data to third parties as a matter of course without letting you know in advance or asking for your prior permission. We may only transfer your personal data to third parties without informing you separately beforehand in the following exceptional cases as explained below:
- If required for legal proceedings/investigations, personal data will be transferred to the criminal investigation authorities and, if appropriate, to injured third parties. We will only do this if there are concrete indications of illegal and/or abusive behaviour. We are also legally obliged to give certain public authorities information. These are criminal investigation authorities, public authorities which prosecute administrative offences entailing fines and the German finance authorities.
- For support purposes we are working with a service provider, PlatinPower.com GmbH, Mündender Straße 31, 34123 Kassel, Germany (“PlatinPower”). PlatinPower will only access and process any of your personal data to the extent required for support purposes and only under our instructions. This is safeguarded by a data processing agreement.
International data transfers
Detailed website logs are retained for a period of 30 days, after which only the aggregated usage statistics that cannot be connected to a single user remain. Everything else is deleted.
Application data will be deleted six (6) months after rejection of a candidate. Data of hired candidates will be kept until the end of the employmentship.
Email addresses for newsletter services will be deleted at least two (2) months after you have unsubscribed.
In compliance with the GDPR and the applicable EU laws and German national data protection laws and to the extent legally permitted, you have the following rights to protect your personal data collected and processed by us:
Information, access, rectification and restriction rights
You have the right to receive, upon request, information about the personal data stored by us about you and information about how we collect and process your personal data. Where that is the case, you have the right to gain access to such personal data stored by us. You have the right to request from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data, if any. Taking into account the purposes of collecting and processing your data, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed. You also have the right to request restriction of processing.
You also have the right (1) to receive all personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (2) to transmit those data to another controller.
Erasure of your data
You have the right to demand from us the erasure of your personal data, where – inter alia – one of the following grounds applies:
- If we no longer need your personal data for the aforementioned purposes.
- If you withdraw your consent on which the collection and processing is based on Article 6 (1) a GDPR and where there are no other legal grounds for collection and processing.
- If you object to the collection and processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for collection and processing.
Please note, if data needs to be retained for legal purposes we will restrict the respective data.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the collection and processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
Right to object to the processing of your data
You have the right to object at any time to the collection and/or processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, where collection and processing is based on our legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR).
Right to withdraw your consent at any time
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, if you have provided us with your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us via or mail to: